The agriculture and agribusiness sectors are key to ensuring food security for the continuously growing world population. In addition, agriculture is an important economic driver especially in emerging and developing economies. Agricultural value chain finance can play a key role to leverage efficiencies and enhance the quality along the agricultural value chain from production and post-harvest handling to processing, wholesale, retail, and support services such as storage and transport.
For new upcoming tenders we are looking for experts with previous experience in the following:
- providing capacity building activities and trainings to financial service providers engaged in agricultural and value chain finance;
- supporting the development (or improvement) of products, services, and delivery channels; and conducting institutional diagnostics to improve procedures and enhance efficiency;
- providing services to support smallholder farmers and agricultural MSMEs;
- supporting governments and regulators in developing enabling environments for effective financial markets;
- conducting studies of agricultural value chains and financing needs for donors and financial service providers.
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree, preferably at Masters’ level, in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Banking, or related field;
- Fluency in French and in English is required. A working knowledge of German is an asset;
- Computer literate;
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills;
General Professional Experience
- In-depth knowledge of agri-business finance as well as MSME lending, microfinance and/or banking sector,
- Relevant experience in MSME lending activities in agriculture and the agri-business sector, as evidenced through project experience;
- For Team Leader positions: Good management skills in a recent senior management role at least as COO/CFO level;
- Good knowledge of donor procedures (esp. GIZ/), as well as GIZ standards would be an asset, as evidenced through project experience;
- Experience of working in a expert/management position on donor financed TA operation projects or a proven track record of developing and implementing innovative financing products would be an asset;
- Previous experience of assisting financial institutions to improve their social performance, preferably including gender performance/achieve certification and knowledge of international standards would be an advantage.
Specific Professional Experience
- Regional experience as demonstrated by relevant international professional experience;
- Practical experience and proven track record in organising and delivering professional bank and microfinance training/coaching programmes;
- Experience and proven track record in managing the provision of successful capacity building activities to FIs, such as conducting needs assessments and analysis of results, development of subsequent training and coaching plans, development of curricula and training materials, organisation and delivery of trainings.
START / DURATION: open
POSITION: Long and Short Term Experts
LANGUAGES: French and English
SECTOR: Financial Sector Development