Project: Sustainable Employment through AgriBusiness
Reports to: Head of Programme AgriBusiness
Assignment Period: 2 years initially with a possibility of an extension
The Technical Advisor for organisational development of member-based AgriBusiness organisations, institutions and networks which specifically supports the framework conditions for AgriBusiness enterprises. The role entails improvement in the business orientation of the member-based organisations, institutions and networks in order to offer improved range of services to their members.
The Technical Advisor will be part of Project Sustainable Employment through AgriBusiness (AgriBiz) in Ghana. The objective of the project is to promote the productive employment in micro-small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the agribusiness sector. The project additionally focuses on formal and informal enterprises as well as micro and small businesses run by women that have growth and employment potential.
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level
- Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme's area of activity
- Develop, plan and implement technical and organizational concepts for improving AgriBusiness member-based organisations and networks, specifically of women-led, and increase their income
- Advice on business orientation and general organisational development of organizations and networks with a view to professionalise the range of services and increase their income.
- Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with relevant organisations, private sector, non-governmental agencies to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Prepare reports and presention documents, including monitoring and evaluation, success stories and best practice examples
- Handle other task on behalf of GIZ
- University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA)
- At least 4 years' professional experience in a comparable position
- Professional experience in organisational development of member-based institutions, networks
- Very good working knowledge of ICTs and relevant computer applications (eg. MS office)
- Diligent, goal-oriented, open-minded, and innovative team player and ability to perform task without supervision
- Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset
- Strong managerial, organisational and social competence
- Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed-corresponding measures are agreed with management