Location: Accra HQ
Position: Chief of Party, USAID/ Ghana Youth Activity
Job Type: Full Time, Supervisory
Organization: Agriculture in Africa Media LBG
About Agriculture in Africa Media LBG:
Agriculture in Africa Media LBG is a leading non-profit news media organization dedicated to promoting a fair and unbiased discussion about agriculture across the African continent. We believe that it is essential to represent all viewpoints in order to foster productive and meaningful debates. As part of our unwavering commitment to journalistic integrity, we provide a publishing platform for our partners to showcase their work, and we maintain an independent editorial line to ensure that our discussions are credible and trustworthy. We work with funders and institutional partners to deliver mission-driven rural development programs to positively impact millions of Africans. Our key operations span Rural Agricultural Development, Value Chain Development, News Media, and Fund Management.
Summary of Position:
Agriculture in Africa Media LBG seeks qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates to support the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Youth Activity. The Activity aims to improve the socioeconomic status of youth in Northern Ghana through youth-led and youth-serving organizations, among others, to generate cross-sectoral, positive youth development outcomes, allowing them to make better life decisions and influence policy utilizing a defined Theory of Change framework. The Activity will broadly support rural and urban youth in Northern Ghana with a range of sustainable opportunities, tools, and support systems that enable youth to improve their livelihoods, increase their abilities to contribute as both economically and socially productive individuals, promote peace, and become engaged community members. The activity will give special attention to the needs of girls, the disabled, and other disadvantaged groups. Based in Accra, the COP will oversee all aspects of program implementation, providing a vision for the program and ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program, including a comprehensive vision for transformational outcomes for the activity’s three intermediate results:  Increase high quality economic opportunities for youth;  Increase appropriate, high-quality, timely health care for youth; and  Strengthen youth engagement in communities.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID and develop productive collaborative relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including government officials, other donors and implementers, civil society and private sector partners, program beneficiaries, and others.
- Develop strong collaborative, supportive, and mutually respectful relationships with diverse team members, with other leaders at Agriculture in Africa Media LBG, and with leaders at key stakeholder and partner organizations.
- Ensure program activities are implemented on schedule, within budget, and coordinated to maximize efficiency and effectiveness across regions.
- Oversee program budgeting and forecasting, financial management, compliance and subgrants management.
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting to ensure the program adapts as needed to meet objectives and learning is acquired and shared broadly to maximize impact and sustainability.
- Oversee and help to drive a private sector engagement strategy.
- Integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout program implementation while also promoting an evidence-based positive youth development approach.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor program staff; lead recruitment of specialized technical staff.
- Represent Agriculture in Africa Media LBG publicly and support its organizational development.
- Ensure that Agriculture in Africa Media LBG’s safety and security policies and procedures are applied to all program and staff operations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ghanaian citizenship or residency with work authorization to be able to work in Ghana is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience leading youth-focused programs with a master’s degree in a relevant academic discipline; or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years or relevant experience also considered. Successful track record of at least 3 years supervising, managing, and implementing USAID-funded programs and/or other related donor-funded programming, with at least 3 years of experience managing programs in Africa.
- Proven leadership qualities including a leadership style that is empowering to team members, and instills diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience supporting youth leaders to spur inclusive economic growth and/or promote good governance in their communities.
- Proven coaching and mentoring approach to management and leadership to collaborate effectively with others and build the capacities of those in the program leadership team.
- Excellent management, communication, representational, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop collaborative, supportive, and mutually respectful relationships with other diverse adult and youth leaders.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset, to plan strategically and creatively to meet program objectives, with a focus on innovation.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior officials in Government, with youth-led organizations, civil society organizations, international donors, and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; ability to speak and understand local languages in USAID Zone of Influence regions is an advantage.
- Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send only CV/Resume to: The Head of HR
Use the subject line: Chief of Party, USAID/Ghana Youth Activity
Agriculture in Africa Media LBG is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or any other protected characteristic.
PS/ Kindly note that only citizens of Ghana or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding approved.